There are 12 zodiac signs and each are assigned a specific range of calendar dates. Staunch followers of astrology often believe a person's zodiac sign will govern all aspects of his or her life. This includes personality, job choice, appearance and romantic compatibility. Whether you wish to learn more about yourself or someone else using the zodiac or just want to know zodiac basics, determining a zodiac sign is fairly simple.
Find out the person's exact date of birth if you are determining the zodiac sign of someone other than yourself. This includes the month and day.
Locate the date range for your birthday on the list in the tips section of this article.
Locate the sign next to your selected date range. This is the assigned zodiac sign.
- Jan. 20 to Feb. 18 – Aquarius
- Feb. 19 to March 20 – Pisces
- March 21 to April 19 – Aries
- April 20 to May 20 – Taurus
- May 21 to June 20 – Gemini
- June 21 to July 22 – Cancer
- July 23 to Aug. 22 – Leo
- Aug. 23 to Sept. 22 – Virgo
- Sept. 23 to Oct. 22 – Libra
- Oct. 23 to Nov. 21 – Scorpio
- Nov. 22 to Dec. 21 – Sagittarius
- Dec. 22 to Jan. 19 – Capricorn
- agsandrew/iStock/Getty Images