Sinks and bathtub drains will eventually become clogged, which can be frustrating and inconvenient and, if not treated, create more serious problems in your pipes. A number of products exist to help resolve your clog issues, including Drano Max Gel, a maximum strength clog remover that is designed to pour through standing water. Drano Max Gel is available in a 32-ounce or 64-ounce bottle and also contains an ingredient that will not damage your pipes, whether they are made of plastic or metal.
Take the safety cap off the bottle by twisting it in a counterclockwise direction. Avoid gripping the bottle too tightly to prevent spilling or overflow.
Pour half the bottle into the clogged drain. If you are using the 64-oz bottle, pour one-fourth of the bottle into the drain. Pour the entire 32-oz bottle or half the 64-oz bottle if your drain is completely clogged or runs very slowly.
Wait 15 to 30 minutes and check to see if the clog has dissolved. Flush the drain with hot water for about fifteen seconds if it is clear. If the drain is still clogged, pour in more Drano, using the same measurements as you did before.
- Rinse the empty bottle of Drano Max Gel before throwing it away.
- If you use Drano Max Gel in a garbage disposal and it does not clear, do not activate the disposal, which may cause the Drano to splash onto your body. Call a plumber to have the disposal professionally inspected.
- Do not use a plunger after you have poured Drano Max Gel into a drain.
- Do not use Drano Max Gel in a toilet.
- Do not reuse an empty container.
- Michael Blann/Digital Vision/Getty Images