Start a daily goal journal to help focus on your dreams and goals for your life. Writing down goals makes it easier to achieve them. Take the time to list your goals and then look at the journal frequently to motivate yourself.
We all have goals large and small for our life. Writing down your goals in a daily goal journal will ensure you make them a priority in your life. Start by getting a notebook or journal to write in. Find a special pen or pencil that you will keep with the journal.
Every day at either a set time or whenever you have a few free moments write at least one goal in your journal. The goal may be a small easy goal, such as remember to smile at everyone you see that day. Or the goal may be a long-term goal, requiring years of effort, such as go to college or start a new business.
Be consistent and diligent. Write in your goal journal everyday. Also look over the journal frequently to ensure you are following up on your goals.
At least once a week go back and update your progress on one goal. Keep adding your progress reports until you achieve the goal. Read over your progress reports to strengthen your motivation to achieve your goals.
You may want to start this project with a friend. If you both have daily goal journals and meet to discuss your goals once a month or however often you want to it will increase your motiviation.
- Write in your daily goal journal every day.
- Update your goals frequently with progress reports.
- Keep the journal or notebook in a special place so you always know where it is and don't waste time trying to find it.
- Ask a friend to do this project too so you motivate each other to achieve your goals.
- Be diligent in working to achieve your goals.
- Keep the journal in your thoughts as you go about your day and actively work to achieve your goals.
Items you will need
- A journal or a notebook
- A pen or pencil
- Time to write
- man thinking image by forca from Fotolia.com