Having trouble sleeping? No need for over-the-counter sleep aids or a glass of wine to put you in a slumber. Try this recipe for a homemade sleeping potion and combine it with lavender aromatherapy.Valerian is an herb that has sedative properties. The tincture is usually available at health food stores. Hot milk can act as a sedative and relaxing agent.
Mix the valerian tincture, honey and apple cider vinegar together about 20 minutes before going to bed. Set aside.
Heat up the milk.
Add 1/4 cup hot milk to the mixture and stir. Add the rest of the milk. Drink the mixture slowly.
Get into bed and apply two drops of lavender to your wrists. Rub your wrists together. Lavender has soothing properties and will help you drift off to sleep!
- If you don't drink milk, substitute unsweetened soy, almond or another nut milk.
Items you will need
- 1 tbsp. valerian tincture
- 1 1/2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp. honey
- 1/2 cup hot milk
- 2 drops lavender essential oil
- Image credits: claudmey under the StockXchange license