The first thing that all new witches want to do is start casting spells. Yes, it is exciting and new. Oh, and let’s not forget that those girls on Charmed could do all sorts of neat things! Don’t forget that was in TV land and this is the real world. If you are new to spell casting, there are some things you need to know before possibly making a disastrous mistake.Having said that, you need to understand that spell casting is not as simple as it is made to look on television. It is an art. The practice of working magic is changing thought into some sort of emotional or physical form. You are doing this by using your own will, some specifically crafted words, along with a magical tool or entity. A successful spell is one that works without harming anyone.
Sit down with your pen and paper in front of you. Think very hard about what your intent or desire is. Once you have it clear in your mind, use the pen to start writing it down on the paper. This can be shown in words, pictures or symbols. How you transfer it to paper is not as important as the intent itself. While you are writing or drawing your intent, visualize it in your head.
When you feel that you are ready, take your matches or lighter, and light the candle. Meditate on the flame for a couple of minutes while seeing your desire or intent manifest in your mind. Take your piece of paper and hold it in the flame of the candle. As you watch the paper burn, continue to visualize your desire or intent. See the flame as taking your desire away in the burning paper to become a reality for you.
You do not have to let the paper burn completely, but continue to visualize your goal coming to pass in just the way you want. If it is possible, let the candle burn out on its own. It will help the energy in the spell, if you are able to remain with the candle as it burns its way down to the end. As you can see, this is more of an energy spell combined with a simple candle spell. Be sure to use positive thoughts (energy) while working this spell.
Once your spell casting is complete, gather the ashes from your paper, along with the drippings from the candle. Take these outside and dig a small hole somewhere on your property. Place the ashes and candle drippings in the hole and cover it back up with dirt. This keeps your desire or intent with you, giving it even more energy.
Items you will need
- Things You Will Need:
- Pen or pencil
- A place you will not be disturbed
- A white candle
- Matches or Lighter
- It is always a good idea to prepare yourself before any spell casting. You can do this by simple meditation. This way, you are calm and centered before beginning your ritual or spell working.
- Never willingly go into a spell to harm someone. Your intent should, ideally, be of a pure and positive nature. When you cast harmful spells, you risk a backlash of them coming back on you.
- It is just common sense to be careful when working around fire of any kind. This includes even small flames such as from a candle. Take the same precautions you would when working around any other type of fire.
- ekina/iStock/Getty Images