Anointing yourself or someone else with oil is a common ancient religious practice that is still practiced today. The anointing symbolically marks you as sacred and within the protection of the highest deity or god you worship.
How to Anoint With Oil
Sacred Oil can be used in a variety of different ways. Placing drops of the oil on places that hurt or symbolic points, such as your wrists and palms, symbolize the cleansing, purity and sanctity of Christ or other religious figures.
Allowing someone else close to you to anoint your pressure points can be very helpful as it is sometimes difficult to detect your own power centers. Having someone anoint you can help you to relax and open yourself to the healing and benefits of the oil and aromatherapy.
Anointing yourself can also be a daily self-practice or type of meditation that you use to focus energy and healing into your chakras and power centers.
Some religious practices only allow higher up clergy or members use this practice. Depending on your view and use of the oil, you can tailor it to your personal uses.
Martial artists often anoint themselves and their power points with oil to help with awareness, alertness, and balance their chi during fights.
- Less is better. Most of these oils are very strong and if you do not intend to smell like a hippie store, go light on your practice.
- Be careful with the ingredients you use in your oil if you are preparing it yourself. Research it thoroughly to make sure the ingredients will not react adversely or be harmful to your health in any way.
Items you will need
- Premade Scented Oil or if you prefer to infuse your own perfumes you will need:
- olive oil
- mason jar to seal and infuse oil, best if set in the sun
- Forestry worker image by Stana from Fotolia.com