The pineal gland--a small endocrine gland in the brain--has been thought to be the "seat of the soul" or the spiritual gateway to all realms and all dimensions. Before reaching this gateway, you must activate the pineal gland through meditation and other spiritual practices, such as changes in diet.
Slightly close your eyes, stare at the tip of your nose and slowly raise your gaze to the bridge of your nose.
Sit up with your back straight or lie down completely flat on your back. Keep your palms to the ceiling (above your head or on your knees).
Let go of all "thoughts" that seem conditioned. Acknowledge them if they come up, but push them aside. Focus on your breathing to clear your mind of all irrelevant thoughts.
Visualize, as intently as possible, the spiritual body escaping from the physical body through the pineal gland. This is the first step in directing the energies required to activate the pineal gland. Eventually, you will feel yourself leave your physical body to astral project. Often, people hear a "popping" sound as the spirit exits the physical body.
Practice this meditation on a daily basis. Set aside a certain time each morning--preferably between 4 a.m. and 6 a.m.--for meditation. The more you practice, the easier it will be to use your pineal gland.
- Switch to a raw-food diet that consists of fruits, vegetables, nuts and soy products. Meat should be avoided. It is said that animal DNA interacts with the pineal gland and disrupts its ability to reach its full potential.
- Drink distilled water and avoid fluoride products. Switch to a fluoride-free toothpaste. Fluoride also can be found in tap water, which is why it is important to drink distilled water only or to distill your own. Fluoride is thought to calcify the pineal gland.
- Purify the air in your home by purchasing an ozone machine or an air purifier. Breathing will become much easier when your air is clean, and breathing is important to activate the pineal gland.
- Cover your windows with curtains or blinds.
- Remove all electronics from your room, including computers, telephones and TVs, or anything that will emit light or distract you from your meditation. The pineal gland needs pure darkness to emit melatonin, which produces serotonin. These chemicals are crucial to psychic awareness.
- meditation image by Steve Lovegrove from Fotolia.com